October 2nd, 2018
- TODAY BLOCK SCHEDULE: B, A, D, C
- The Varsity girls soccer team defeated Sackville High yesterday 4-0. Scoring for Citadel were Kirsten Fleet and Olivia Iszak. Brinly Holt recorded the shut out. Way to go girls!
- The Health Action Team is holding it's first meeting in the Youth Health Centre at lunch today and is looking for new members. This is a great way to get volunteer hours and to get involved in setting health priorities for the school community.
- Girls Group is holding it's first session of the year on Wednesday during D-block, second period, in the health centre. See Erin, Youth Health Nurse, Ms Shaw or Ms Wickwire Foster for more info. New members are welcome.
- A representative from University of Alberta Mount Allison University will be here on Wednesday at lunch in room 201 to meet with any interested students.
- Picture retake day will be October 11, anyone wishing retakes or didn’t get your photo taken, please make sure you get one taken, location will be announced when determined
- All Grade 12 students are asked to sign into the GNSPES Class of 2019. The code to enter the classroom is g8hl9k5 The Code is also posted in the hallway across from the guidance office.
- If you wish to have more information on these announcements please read the full version on the main page of Citadel High website.
- Citadel High Model United Nations Club invites all students on Wednesdays during lunch in room 216, to meet, debate, discuss global and political issues including participation in two school trips to McGill University and Ottawa University. All Students are welcomed.
- Citadel High Me to We Interact Club invites all students on Thursdays during lunch in room 216, to meet to take community participant-actions. All Students are welcomed.
- Special Computer Science Day for Women at Dalhousie Computer Science will be an opportunity for female high school students in grades 9-12 to learn how exciting and rewarding a career is in computer science. You will also learn which courses you can take in high school for acceptance into our programs. When: November 16, 2018. Please see Ms. King in guidance to sign up by Wednesday October 3 to attend this awesome event.
- Any female students who participated in the Techsploration event during grade 9 are eligible to attend an Alumni Techsploration event, please see Ms. MacLean in guidance office for more details.
- There is an upcoming event called India Fest of Lights (Diwali). Diwali is a celebration that spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, good over evil and knowledge over ignorance. Its celebration that includes millions of lights shining on housetops, outside doors and windows, around and other buildings in the communities and countries where it is observed. In the celebration of this we invite the Citadel community to come out on October. 5th, 6th and 7th (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) at the Halifax Forum. The event timings will be : Friday - 3pm - 10pm, Saturday 11am - 10pm and Sunday 11am - 10pm. During this 3 day event we will be having performances, food, henna tattoos, a photobooth, fireworks (8:30pm on Saturday and Sunday), games and an open dance floor for the public to join in. We will be giving all students who show their student ID at the front door free admission.