October 18th, 2018
- TODAY BLOCK SCHEDULE: D, C, B, A
- This is a reminder that there will be a practice today for the Varsity Girls Soccer team after school.
- We are very pleased to be hosting our Academic Recognition Awards ceremony which will take place in the Spatz Theatre on Thursday, October 25th during C Block starting at approximately 10:00 am. Current grade 11 and 12 students are encouraged to check the lists that will be posted outside the main office on Friday, October 19 to see if you are receiving an award. After the ceremony, there will be a pizza lunch. We are very proud of our students and their hard work during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Are you looking for Service and Leadership skills volunteer hours? YMCA at room 2b here at CHS is looking for volunteers. PEER TUTORING is available helping newcomer students to excel academically and socially. Two hours a week at lunch time or after school. Get a reference letter, volunteer hours and a certificate from the Y. Meet new friends and share your knowledge. Pick up your application form from room 2b and contact Ms. Dayga at email@example.com
- On Tuesday, the Citadel varsity boys soccer team beat JL Ilsley in Regional qualifiers 20-1. The entire team contributed to the game, with an outstanding performance and good sportsmanship from all of the boys. Obaid Hadayat scored six before the coach took him off, Eduardo Toscano scored four, Alec Napier, Andrew Keating and Eoin(pronounced Owen) Morrison scored two, with further goals by David Warner, Sungbeen Song and Lucas Soares. Good luck boys!
- Are you interested in attending a student leadership conference with high school students from all across the HRM? Forms for Metro “n-triple s-a”’s regional conference are available now outside the council room! Attending looks great on resumes, university applications, and scholarship applications, as well as being an opportunity to meet students from across the HRM. Forms are due this Monday the 22nd to room 312! Check outside the council room for more information!
- All Grade 12 students are asked to sign into the GNSPES Class of 2019. The code to enter the classroom is g8hl9k5 The Code is also posted in the hallway across from the guidance office.
- Basketball tryouts start this Friday. Please check the Athletics website or the athletics bulletin board in the gym for dates and times.
- Grade 12 students are reminded to check grad board and their gnspes email for information about scholarships.
- Encounters with Canada Arts and Culture week October 28-Nov 3, if you register before October 19, save $100, see poster in guidance for more details
- Any Aboriginal students interested in attending a tour of Dalhousie University please see Ms. Sylliboy in seminar room 3B to sign up before Friday October 19.
- The Bronfman Fellowship is looking for students in grade 11 who self identify as Jewish to participate in a free five week trip to Israel. Students should be intellectually adventurous, have great leadership potential, love learning and enjoy challenging conversations. Deadline to apply is November 30. For more details go to www.bronfman.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to have more information on these announcements please read the full version on the main page of Citadel High website.
- Interested in running your own business? Developing your public speaking and leadership skills? Want to earn credits, qualify for scholarships, and make money? Join JA’s Company Program. Come to an info session on Monday October 22 at lunch time in library seminar room to find out more about how you can get involved.