October 19th, 2018
- TODAY BLOCK SCHEDULE: A, B, C, D
- Any Aboriginal students are invited to attend a meet and greet lunch on October 25 with the new Aboriginal student support worker Ms. Sylliboy. If you are interested to attend this luncheon please go to seminar room 3b or guidance to sign up before Wednesday October 24.
- The girls Varsity soccer team has made it to the Semi Finals for Regionals and they play Sir John A tonight at 6pm at Mainland Common Field 2. If they win they will advance to the Finals Saturday 2pm at Mainland. Come out and cheer on the girls soccer team!
- Boys Varsity Soccer team beat CPA 4-1 in Regional playoff action Thursday night, on what may well have been the coldest windiest night of soccer ever! Abdulrahman Abu Obsa scored two, with Mykeo Parker-Christmas and Obaid Hadayat each scoring. Great game boys!
- We are very pleased to be hosting our Academic Recognition Awards ceremony which will take place in the Spatz Theatre on Thursday, October 25th during C Block starting at approximately 10:00 am. Current grade 11 and 12 students are encouraged to check the lists that are posted outside the main office to see if you are receiving an award. After the ceremony, there will be a pizza lunch. We are very proud of our students and their hard work during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Are you looking for Service and Leadership skills volunteer hours? YMCA at room 2b here at CHS is looking for volunteers. PEER TUTORING is available helping newcomer students to excel academically and socially. Two hours a week at lunch time or after school. Get a reference letter, volunteer hours and a certificate from the Y. Meet new friends and share your knowledge. Pick up your application form from room 2b and contact Ms. Dayga at email@example.com
- Are you interested in attending a student leadership conference with high school students from all across the HRM? Forms for Metro “n-triple s-a”’s regional conference are available now outside the council room! Attending looks great on resumes, university applications, and scholarship applications, as well as being an opportunity to meet students from across the HRM. Forms are due this Monday the 22nd to room 312! Check outside the council room for more information!
- All Grade 12 students are asked to sign into the GNSPES Class of 2019. The code to enter the classroom is g8hl9k5 The Code is also posted in the hallway across from the guidance office.
- Basketball tryouts start today. Please check the Athletics website or the athletics bulletin board in the gym for dates and times.
- Grade 12 students are reminded to check grad board and their gnspes email for information about scholarships.
- Any Aboriginal students interested in attending a tour of Dalhousie University please see Ms. Sylliboy in seminar room 3B to sign up before Friday October 19.
- If you wish to have more information on these announcements please read the full version on the main page of Citadel High website.
- Interested in running your own business? Developing your public speaking and leadership skills? Want to earn credits, qualify for scholarships, and make money? Join JA’s Company Program. Come to an info session on Monday October 22 at lunch time in library seminar room to find out more about how you can get involved.
- The Bronfman Fellowship is looking for students in grade 11 who self identify as Jewish to participate in a free five week trip to Israel. Students should be intellectually adventurous, have great leadership potential, love learning and enjoy challenging conversations. Deadline to apply is November 30. For more details go to www.bronfman.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org