October 29th, 2018
- TODAY BLOCK SCHEDULE: A, B, C, D
- Citadel Boys Varsity soccer team qualified for Provincials, beating avonview 3-1 on Saturday. Goals from Abdulrahman Abu Obsa and a brace from Obaid Hadayat. Great work from all of the boys!
- The Girl's Varsity Soccer team defeated Hants East Rural High last Thursday, 5-0. Mia Kalogeropolous and Olivia Izsak each scored one, and Mychael Paris had a hat trick. Zehra Surmeli recorded the shut out. On Saturday the girls beat Horton High 1-0 in extra time. Anna Duganzic scored the lone goal for Citadel as time was running out and Brinly Holt had the shut out. Good luck at the provincial finals this weekend girls!
- Citadel Lights is meeting in room 211 at lunch as usual today!
- Attention graduates: Sign up sheets for appointments for grad photos are in the main office
- On Tuesday October 30 at 8:15 am, McGill University will be here in the library seminar room to meet with any interested students.
- Could the students who signed up for the Dalhousie Computer Science Women's Day field trip come to room 118 to get their permission slips
- On Thursday, November 1st, Mount Allison University will be a hosting a reception at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia from 6:30-8:30 PM. This will be an informal event that will provide you, and your parents, with the opportunity to learn more about Mount Allison University. An Admissions Counsellor will also be performing on-the-spot admissions assessments for anyone who brings along a transcript from 5:30-6:30 PM and after 8:30 PM. For more information and to register, you can visit discover.mta.ca and click on Events.
- Interested in studying in Ottawa? Working on Parliament Hill? You can apply for the Page Program and work in the House of Commons for a year!! Apply at ourcommons.ca/page, deadline is December 3, 2018.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to sign into the GNSPES Class of 2019. The code to enter the classroom is g8hl9k5 The Code is also posted in the hallway across from the guidance office.
- Grade 12 students are reminded to check grad board and their gnspes email for information about scholarships.
- If you wish to have more information on these announcements please read the full version on the main page of Citadel High website or scrolling on the tv’s in the cafe.
- The Bronfman Fellowship is looking for students in grade 11 who self identify as Jewish to participate in a free five week trip to Israel. Students should be intellectually adventurous, have great leadership potential, love learning and enjoy challenging conversations. Deadline to apply is November 30. For more details go to www.bronfman.org or email email@example.com