November 2nd, 2018
- TODAY BLOCK SCHEDULE: A, B, C, D
- The Girls Varsity soccer team will be playing in the provincial semi-finals today at 2:30 vs Dr. JH Gillis High. If they win, the Gold medal game will be played tomorrow at 12 noon at Mainland Commons. Good luck ladies!
- Games, homemade crafts, holiday gift ideas, personal apparel and Treats for a Cure! TODAY the Entrepreneurship 12 classes are hosting a variety of businesses around campus during B Block, Lunch and C block! Proceeds will be donated by some students to the Canadian Cancer Society of Nova Scotia. Make sure to show your love and support to the Entrepreneurship students, and put some pennies in their pockets!
- There will be a bake sale today at lunch, $1.50 cupcakes for breast cancer and 100% of the profits will go to breast cancer research
- Attention graduates: Sign up sheets for appointments for grad photos are in the main office
- Attention all students in grade 10 and 11 who want to travel! We are organizing our March Break 2020 school trip (not this March break but NEXT March break).
- It will be our best yet! Join our school as we tour Scotland, Ireland and Wales! We will be exploring castles in all three countries, kissing the Blarney stone, experiencing how Ireland prepares for Saint Patrick's Day, visiting the cities of Dublin, Edinburgh and Glasgow and much more. All the details will be presented at our introductory meeting on Wednesday of next week, during lunch, in room 215 (Mrs. Shaw's room).
- Interested in studying in Ottawa? Working on Parliament Hill? You can apply for the Page Program and work in the House of Commons for a year!! Apply at ourcommons.ca/page, deadline is December 3, 2018.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to sign into the GNSPES Class of 2019. The code to enter the classroom is g8hl9k5 The Code is also posted in the hallway across from the guidance office.
- Grade 12 students are reminded to check grad board and their gnspes email for information about scholarships.
- The Bronfman Fellowship is looking for students in grade 11 who self identify as Jewish to participate in a free five week trip to Israel. Students should be intellectually adventurous, have great leadership potential, love learning and enjoy challenging conversations. Deadline to apply is November 30. For more details go to www.bronfman.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org