November 5th, 2018
- TODAY BLOCK SCHEDULE: A, B, C, D
- Any students who are involved with the Military Cadets please see Ms. MacIntyre in the main office.
- For all Aboriginal students there will be a "Meet and Greet" at lunch time on Thursday, November 8th in seminar room 3B. Lunch will be provided.
- Thank you to all the players in last week's GooseChase! Congratulations to the Grade 10 class for winning with 25,000 pts. 11's were second with 22,100 pts and the 12's were 3rd with 19,900. Stay tuned for information on the grade 10 ice cream party. Look for a re match for spirit wars later this year.
- There will be a representative from the University of Toronto here to meet with any interested students Tuesday at lunch in the library seminar room
- Citadel Lights is meeting as usual today at lunch in room 211, starting discussions on Identity!
- Citadel boys soccer won their semi final provincial match Friday, beating Horton 5-2. Obaid Hadayat scored two, as did Mykeo Parker-Christmas, with Mohammed abu Nahia also finding the back of the net. The gold medal match against Halifax West had to be rescheduled due to weather.
- Congratulations to the Varsity Girl's Soccer team on making it to the Provincial Finals this weekend. The girl's had an amazing season and always played with class, passion, and positivity. Well done ladies!
- Attention graduates: Sign up sheets for appointments for grad photos are in the main office
- Attention all students in grade 10 and 11 who want to travel! We are organizing our March Break 2020 school trip (not this March break but NEXT March break). It will be our best yet! Join our school as we tour Scotland, Ireland and Wales! We will be exploring castles in all three countries, kissing the Blarney stone, experiencing how Ireland prepares for Saint Patrick's Day, visiting the cities of Dublin, Edinburgh and Glasgow and much more. All the details will be presented at our introductory meeting on Wednesday at lunch time, in room 215.
- Interested in studying in Ottawa? Working on Parliament Hill? You can apply for the Page Program and work in the House of Commons for a year!! Apply at ourcommons.ca/page, deadline is December 3, 2018.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to sign into the GNSPES Class of 2019. The code to enter the classroom is g8hl9k5 The Code is also posted in the hallway across from the guidance office.
- Grade 12 students are reminded to check grad board and their gnspes email for information about scholarships.
- The Bronfman Fellowship is looking for students in grade 11 who self identify as Jewish to participate in a free five week trip to Israel. Students should be intellectually adventurous, have great leadership potential, love learning and enjoy challenging conversations. Deadline to apply is November 30. For more details go to www.bronfman.org or email email@example.com