April 16th, 2021
- Free breakfast everyday, cart is in the cafeteria.
- Earth Day is an annual event designed to shine a light on the serious environmental problems we’re facing, from the climate crisis to plastic pollution to the fast fashion industry and deforestation. Covid-19 has changed the world and the way we live. We are bombarded with frightening information everyday. It can be mentally draining to even think about environmental issues. But that’s why this year, it’s more important than ever to take the time to reflect upon our personal impacts on the planet, not just because we care about the natural world, but because we live on it. A healthy planet is not an option, it is a necessity. Therefore next week, April 19th-23rd, Environment Committee presents EARTH WEEK! This week is designed to remind us how fragile our earth is and how we can make a positive impact as individuals and as a school community. Please join us in this week or something
- Reusable mask Monday +Wear Green
- Thrifted fit Tuesday + Walk or bike to school
- Water Wednesday
- Wear blue + free lemonade for those wearing blue
- EARTH DAY!!+PD DAY Do stuff at home and send a pic to the Insta.
- Animal print Friday + Bake sale for hope for wildlife
- Ramadan is a holy month in Islam as it marks the month of the revelation of the Quran, or the holy book. Ramadan is observed by fasting from sunrise to sunset abstaining from food, drink, and a variety of bad habits such as swearing and lying. As fasting can be a difficult task to overcome, small children, the elderly, the sick, pregnant women and even people who are travelling are just examples of those who are exempted from fasting. During this month, followers are encouraged to do good deeds such as helping out and giving to charity. The reason Muslims fast in Ramadan is to have empathy for those who are less fortunate and to be grateful for what we have. Ramadan teaches us self-control and sacrifice. Ramadan is a time for reflection of one’s self and to spend quality time with family and friends. Ramadan Kareem!