November 8th, 2023
- Today is I Read Canadian Day founded by Canadian author Eric Walters. Why not celebrate by borrowing one of the many fabulous books we have by Canadian authors from our school library? Ms Lavers would love to help you find one to suit your tastes.
- There is a choir rehearsal today at lunchtime in room 221.
- There will be peer-tutoring today at lunch for ANS & African ancestry students in Seminar room 3A
- Have you been thinking about pursuing a future in theatre and the arts? Improv is a great skill to have as a professional performer and even helps with general problem solving and public speaking. Not to mention how fun it is to let loose and be silly. Join the friendly community of the Canadian Improv Games. There will be an improv jam this Thursday at lunch and auditions for the performance team will take place this Thursday (Nov 9th) and next Thursday (Nov 16th) from 3:30-5pm in room 122. See you there!
- The Citadel High Student Council is hosting a coffee house on Wednesday, November 29th at 6:30 pm in the cafeteria. If you would like to perform a Sign-Up form which can be found in every google classroom and on the Student Council’s Instagram Page.
- Hockey Guys Group will take place this Thursday during last period/A-block in the Youth Health Centre, open to all male identified hockey players.
- Grade 12s: you can now submit your grad quotes for the yearbook! More info and the form to submit them can be found in the grade level google classroom.
- The Rotary Club is collecting hats and mitts in a box outside the office for SoulsHarbour for the month of November. All donations are welcome and support a good cause!
- In the cafeteria today:
- Chicken and rice bowl with baguette $7.75
- Pulled pork island bowl and rice with baguette $7.75
- Penne goulash with a homemade roll $6.25
- Jalapeno BLT bagels with oven fries $7.75
- Oven fries $3.50
- SMOOTHIE FLAVOUR - Wild berry banana in the display fridge $3.60
- Have a wonderful Wednesday, make good choices and be kind to one another