November 9th, 2023
- Zip! Zap! Zop! Play games that get you out of your head and practice activities where you can embody creative characters. Try out improvisational theatre! Citadel is putting together a competitive improv team through the Canadian Improv Games, a nationwide tournament bringing people's love for improv together and celebrating the joy of creativity! For the next two Thursdays after school (3:30-5pm), we will be conducting auditions for our team players. Show up in the drama room (122) to flex your skills and have fun!
- There will be physical wellness in the gym today at lunch with Mr. Williams. Students MUST sign up to participate.
- The following people have Chromebooks reserved in the library. Please come and pick them up ASAP. If you do not need a Chromebook please let Ms. Lavers know so that it may be given to someone else. Hannah Russell Ryan Simms Greta Archibald Gabin Lee Kayden van der Leest Inigo Belen Rory Leger Clyde Pascual Also, would Callum Cogswell please go to the library to speak with Ms. Lavers.
- The Citadel High Student Council is hosting a coffee house on Wednesday, November 29th at 6:30 pm in the cafeteria. If you would like to perform a Sign-Up form which can be found in every google classroom and on the Student Council’s Instagram Page.
- Hockey Guys Group will take place today during last period/A-block in the Youth Health Centre, open to all male identified hockey players.
- Grade 12s: you can now submit your grad quotes for the yearbook! More info and the form to submit them can be found in the grade level google classroom.
- This Friday at lunch in Mr Maher's room 202, GSA is hosting a special presentation of Brody from the Youth Project's AIDS and Art workshop, focused on the history of HIV/AIDS how art made by the 2SLGTBQIA+ community was used to disrupt public space and bring attention to the epidemic. This is an open invite to anyone who would like to attend.
- The Rotary Club is collecting hats and mitts in a box outside the office for SoulsHarbour for the month of November. All donations are welcome and support a good cause!
- In the cafeteria today:
- Korean beef over steamed rice $7.75
- Chicken shawarma with mashed potatoes and corn $7.75
- BBQ pulled pork and swiss cheese burger $5.50
- Chicken parmesan whole wheat wrap $6.50
- Beef goulash bowl $5.50
- Smoothie flavour of the day MANGO served from the display fridge $3.60
- BIG Breakfast tomorrow with a coffee or apple juice cup $10.00
- Have a tremendous Thursday, make good choices and be kind to one another